ENGLEZA DE NOTA 10 – model de test 2
I. Fill in the blanks with one word
suitable in the context:
He has come. Hardly had you ridden away . 1 . he came out . 2 . the pear. . 3 . he
first talked he said he . 4 . stay three days or more. Then as it . 5 . later he
was . 6 . a wolf or a fox, and walked . 7 . without rest, looking and listening.
. 8 . he said he must . 9 . before daylight when . 10 . is
dark and stillest.
II. Write a letter to a friend at whose
place you spent two weeks of your summer - holidays. Let her / him know how
much you enjoyed the stay there and thank her / him for her / his hospitality.
III. a) Translate into English:
Ah, Dumnezeule, cand mi-am dat seama de ceea ce fusese in stare acel om, cand
stiam ca de o saptamana nu mai contenise ninsoarea si ce inseamna sa mergi
peste munte, chiar si fara nici o povara, am simtit ca-mi crapa capul. (Geo
b) Rephrase the following sentence without
any, or little change in meaning, beginning with the suggested words:
1. There is no need for you to stay here any longer.
2. She will go only if they accompany her.
3. Our crop is very poor because of the heavy rainfalls.
Were it not
4. Although he is very funny, it is impossible to live under the same roof with
5. I am tall. Jeremy is taller than me.
I. 1. when; 2. of; 3. When; 4. would; 5. grew / became / got; 6. like; 7. about; 8. Soon / Then; 9. leave; 10. it.
III. a) Oh, my Goodness, when I realised
what that man had been able / was able to do, and knowing/ learning that it had
been snowing for a whole week, being aware of what climbing up the mountains
was like - even if with no burden at all - I felt as if my head were cracking.
b) 1. It's useless to stay here any
2. Unless they accompany her, she won't come.
3. Were it not for the heavy rainfalls, our crop would be richer.
4. For all his fun he is impossible to live with.
5. Jeremy is the taller of us. (When two people or things are compared, the
comparative is used instead of the superlative.)